Hi Ladies!!
Lately I've realized how important FHE is. 2008 my new year's resolution was to have FHE every monday night. I was good for a little while but I didn't feel like Landon was getting anything from it and slacked off. I got the idea a few months ago to do the same topic all month long and so far it's worked great. The first Monday I do a quick review of the topic and the next week we review and add to it. Also, I will keep the visual aid stuff I used on the lesson out all week and talk to Landon about it. I am very impressed at how much Landon has learned/reatained this way. If you have a hard time deciding what to have your lesson on, the Friend has a page with sharing time ideas that work great. They are on the theme for that month and there is a new idea for each week of the month. I love it-the lesson and topic are already prepared, I just have to read through it and put everything together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice Malls-- you're better than I am. I have the new Nursery manual, the children's Book of Mormon Stories, and the FHE Resource Book... but they've all be gathering dust on my desk! We need to start using the goods! I like the idea of staying on the same topic all month-- good idea.
ReplyDeletethat's a great idea thanks mallory
ReplyDeleteThat is a good idea. Lately we have been using the new nursery manual and trying to repeat the lesson she is on in Nursery to keep that repetition going, but I like the idea of having it out all week.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of going along with sharing time. We're definitely at the stage of needing the repetition at our house!! Plus I like things that are all done because I tend to stick with it better that way. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete